IMG_2230.jpg

OUR HISTORY

In 2011, Shepherd of the City Lutheran Church purchased the former Elite Ballroom building located at 1231 S. Anthony Blvd. with the intention of developing a community outreach ministry to care for the needs of families in the neighborhood. Thanks to God's provision through a matching grant from The Lutheran Foundation, many generous individual donors, as well as funds from the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod Office of National Mission and the Lutheran Women's Missionary League, the building renovation and update is reaching its completion. In 2017, Shepherd of the City called Deaconess Rachel Jaseph to be the first director of The Shepherd's Hand. Since then she has developed community partnerships as well as program and event plans alongside the members and staff of Shepherd of the City. The Shepherd's Hand celebrated its Grand Opening on Sunday, October 21, 2018. Please contact us for more information about our upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, and ongoing education and health programs

 

(260) 422-3790

©2019 by The Shepherd's Hand Community Outreach Center. Proudly created with Wix.com